SSANGYONG ADDS 4x4 TO TIVOLI03-12-2015
- 4x4 delivers surefooted driving off-road and added safety in winter
- 1.6 litre Euro 6 diesel engine
- 6 speed manual & 6 speed Aisin automatic transmission
- Multi-link rear suspension
- 1.5 tonne towing capability
- Generous levels of standard equipment
- Three models from just £17,100
- Class leading 5 year limitless mileage warranty
The SsangYong Tivoli petrol was launched into the compact SUV sector in May this year, followed a few months later by an all-new 1.6 litre Euro 6 diesel engine available across the range. Now the company is adding 4x4, making it one of very few four-wheel drive cars available in this segment of the market.
“Tivoli is really helping to put SsangYong on the map,” says Paul Williams, CEO of SsangYong Motor UK. “We are delighted with the reception the car has received from our customers as well as the media, who recognise the real step-change that has taken place.
“It is being recognised for its style, safety and equipment, interior space and finish, but especially its value for money and industry leading warranty, and now with the launch of Tivoli 4x4 we have another opportunity to extend this appeal even further.”
Powered by the newly developed e-XDi160 Euro 6 diesel engine which produces 115ps/3,400 - 4,000rpm max power with 300Nm/1,500 - 2,500rpm and delivers a smooth, progressive and powerful driving experience, it offers optimised performance for both urban and motorway driving with excellent NVH (noise, vibration & harshness) characteristics.
The 1.6 litre diesel engine achieves a CO2 emission level of just 113g/km (2-wheel drive, manual transmission), and 123g/km with the four-wheel drive manual.
The fifth generation E-VGT turbocharger on the e-XDi160 diesel engine maximises performance especially in the mid-low speed range so it is fun and responsive to drive. Two transmissions are offered, a 6-speed manual and Aisin 6-speed automatic.
In terms of economy, the Tivoli diesel 4x4 achieves up to 60.1mpg on the Combined Cycle with manual transmission, and 47.9mpg for the automatic.
Four wheel drive performance
SsangYong is Korea’s specialist 4x4 and SUV manufacturer, and the design and engineering on the Tivoli 4x4 draws on the company’s highly regarded 4-wheel drive technology and years of experience.
Tivoli employs an intelligent and advanced all-wheel drive torque on demand system that senses the road surface and driving conditions, and distributes the power to the wheels that need it most.
Under normal driving conditions, 100 per cent of the engine’s torque is delivered to the front wheels so that the car runs with optimised fuel efficiency. On icy or slippery roads or when driving on wet off-road conditions, power is distributed to both the front and rear wheels to ensure a safe, stable and dependable drive. The technology operates to give a smooth and safe departure when driving away from a standstill on a steep slope, while a lock mode distributes power equally between the front and rear wheels at speeds below 25mph to optimise traction.
With a ground clearance of 167mm, an approach angle of 20.5 degrees, 28.0 degree departure angle and a ramp angle of 17 degrees, the new Tivoli is a highly capable off-roader.
In conjunction with the standard electronic stability program (ESP) with hydraulic brake assist and 4-channel anti-lock braking system (ABS), the four-wheel drive system provides the best possible grip and control whatever the conditions. Hill start assist (HSA) and active roll-over protection (ARP) also feature.
The Tivoli 4x4 also features multi-link rear suspension for a comfortable drive on the road, and increased wheel articulation for optimum grip off-road.
The Tivoli is comprehensively equipped - see specification list attached, while for those who want further individualisation, the My Tivoli programme offers a wide number of further choices.
Tivoli EX 4x4
The EX features cruise control, smart steering (normal, comfort and sport modes), an RDS/Bluetooth radio and seven airbags, grey or beige leather upholstery, 18” alloy Spiral wheels, dual zone climate control, 7” touch screen smart audio system with rear view camera, heated front seats, front fog lights and a luggage load cover.
Tivoli ELX 4x4
The top of the range ELX adds the choice of manual and automatic transmission, and features Diamond cut alloy wheels, a smart instrument cluster, smart keyless starting, front & rear parking sensors, privacy glass, rear spoiler, automatic headlamps, rain sensing wipers, full TomTom navigation system with 7” touch screen, rear view camera, and the option of the styling pack and red leather pack with My Tivoli.
There is a choice of six colours - Flaming red, Grand white and metallic Dandy blue, Space black, Silent silver and Techno grey and an additional colour, Jazz brown through My Tivoli.
Create your own style with My Tivoli
The My Tivoli personalisation programme allows customers to create their own distinctive car. This includes the styling pack which gives a choice of five two-tone colour roof combinations, the red leather pack, further colour metallic Jazz brown, and the option of the EX 4x4 automatic.
With prices starting from only £17,100, the Tivoli 4x4 has an almost unrivalled position in the SUV B-segment, and is now available.
Where the 4x4 fits into the Tivoli price range:
- SE petrol - manual: £12,950
- SE diesel - manual: £14,200
- EX petrol - manual £14,600
- EX petrol - automatic £15,600
- EX diesel - manual £15,850
- EX diesel - automatic £16,850
- EX diesel 4x4 - manual £17,100
- ELX petrol - manual £16,000
- ELX petrol - automatic £17,000
- ELX diesel - manual £17,250
- ELX diesel - automatic £18,250
- ELX diesel 4x4 - manual £18,500
- ELX diesel 4x4 - automatic £19,500
- Metallic paint £500
- Styling pack £400
- Red leather pack £350
5 year limitless mileage warranty
All models in the SsangYong range are covered by a best-in-class 5 year limitless mileage warranty. Designed to be totally transparent and give customers complete peace of mind, ‘limitless’ means just that: not a maximum mileage condition that some brands impose in their small print. All the major mechanical components are covered including the engine and drivetrain, wheel bearings, suspension joints and bushes, steering joints, shock absorbers and even the audio system. Wearable components such as clutch friction plates and brake pads which could have their life reduced by poor driving are covered for one year or 12,500 miles, and the battery and paintwork for three years.
Made in Korea
The SsangYong Tivoli is manufactured in South Korea by SsangYong Motor, which is 73 per cent owned by the Indian engineering conglomerate Mahindra & Mahindra, and imported into the UK by SsangYong Motor UK. Established in 1954, SsangYong is Korea's oldest vehicle manufacturer and only 4x4 and SUV specialist producer. There are currently some 60 SsangYong dealers covering England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, with new locations being added to the network all the time.
- 115ps 1.6-litre e-XDi160 diesel engine with catalysed diesel particulate filter (CDPF)
- 6-speed manual transmission with gear change indicator
- 6-speed Aisin automatic transmission with manual gear change selection
- Intelligent 4x4 system with lock mode
- Macpherson strut front suspension
- Multi-link rear suspension (with Intelligent 4x4 system)
- Electric power steering (EPS)
- Smart steering (normal, comfort and sport mode)
- Fuel tank - 47 litre capacity
- Leather upholstery - rear seats with fold down central armrest (EX & ELX)
- Heated front seats - leather seats only
- Red-coloured leather upholstery (Red leather pack)
- 60:40 split folding rear seats with fold down central armrest
- Adjustable front seat headrests
- Height adjustable driver’s seat
- Dual climate control with memory (EX & ELX)
Style and finish
- Piano-black radiator grille
- Bright chrome moulding
- Privacy glass for rear door windows and tailgate (ELX)
- Rear spoiler with high mounted LED stop light (ELX)
- 18” alloy wheels with 215/45R tyres - Diamond cut (ELX)
- 18” alloy wheels with 215/45R tyres - Spiral (EX)
- 125/80R16 emergency spare tyre
- Leather steering wheel trim (EX/ELX)
- Silver accented instrument panel
- Floor mats - (Red leather pack)
- Level adjustable projection headlights
- LED daytime running lights
- Combined rear light units with LED side and brake lamps
- Two-tone lower mouldings
- Body colour exterior door handles
- Chrome interior door handles (EX/ELX)
- Stainless steel front door kick plates (EX/ELX)
- Mood lighting on door trim and central fascia (Red leather pack)
- Smart instrument cluster with a choice of six colour options (ELX)
- Electronic cruise control
- 7” high-resolution touch screen with audio streaming from smart phones etc and link to rear view camera (EX)
- 7” high-resolution touch screen audio & TomTom 7” navigation system with link to rear view camera and audio streaming (ELX)
- USB memory slot, Aux port and HDMI port and Bluetooth hands-free
- Six speakers including two tweeters for high level sound output
- Steering wheel mounted audio controls
- Roof mounted radio antenna
- Remote keyless entry system with folding key with panic alarm
- Smart keyless starting (ELX)
- Powered windows with safety feature
- Trip computer with outside temperature gauge
- 12V DC power outlets beneath the instrument panel
- Exterior mirrors - electrically adjusted, heated & folding (power folding on ELX)
- LED indicator repeater lights on exterior mirrors (ELX)
- Automatic headlamps and rain sensing wipers (ELX)
- Digital clock
- Large central storage space
- Cup holders
- Sun visors with illuminated vanity mirror
- Luggage cover (EX & ELX)
- Electronic tailgate release
- Manual tilt steering wheel
- Monocoque body structure comprising 40% Advanced High Strength steel and 10 areas strengthened to minimise collision impact
- Door impact beams for optimal protection from side collisions
- Seven airbags: front airbags for driver and passenger, curtain airbags front and rear, sideairbags for front seat passengers, and driver’s knee airbag
- Passenger’s airbag on/off switch
- Seat belt load limiters and dual pre-tensioners
- 4-channel anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Electronic stability program (ESP) with hydraulic brake assist (HBA), hill start assist (HSA) and active roll-over protection (ARP)
- Emergency stop signal - automatic hazard warning lights activated in an emergency stop
- Ventilated front disc brakes
- Rear disc brakes
- Childproof safety locks
- Automatic speed-sensing door locks - for added security
- Unfastened seat belt warning with speed-sensing feature - front & rear
- 3-point central rear seatbelt
- ISO-Fix and tether anchorage for child seat
- Anti-theft system with immobiliser
- Front and rear parking sensors (ELX)
- Electro chromatic interior rear view mirror (ELX)
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
|Min. turning radius||m||5.3|
|Weight||Gross vehicle weight||Kg||1,810||1,920|
|Kerb weight (inc driver)||Kg||1,345||1,375||1,430||1,465||1,530||1,555|